Natalie Maines, lead singer of the Dixie Chicks, headlines a concert featuring her own brand of alternative rock at Deer Valley Resort on Tuesday, July 30. Maines is the final artist to join the St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights outdoor concert series for 2013, which includes world-renowned talent ranging from Los Lobos to Jewel. Tickets are currently on sale for the entire series.
Maines, who is currently on hiatus from the chart-topping, country-rock Dixie Chicks, will release her first solo album Mother on May 7. The album is co-produced by Ben Harper and filled with rock-inflected covers, such as Pink Floyd and Eddie Vedder, as well as a few hits from her Dixie Chicks repertoire. As a whole, the album is a departure from the country style that propelled Maines and her band to stardom a decade ago.
“…her fearlessness blends with her compassion, wisdom and stunning vocal chops,” says NPR of Maines’ solo debut. That fearlessness – both artistic and political – has created controversy for the 38 year-old, singer-songwriter in the past. And that fiery passion has a way of making its way into her music.
“Natalie Maines has long been a voice to be reckoned with in any genre. We are proud to be one of the first stops on her brand new solo tour,” says PCPAF executive director Teri Orr.
Mary Beth Maziarz originally hails from the Chicago area, where the blues and coffeehouse scenes influenced her young songwriting. After college, she moved to Park City area, where she’s been ever since — loving the mountain life, the spectacular natural backdrop of the Wasatch Front, and the the great locals. She’s released 7 albums independently and her work has appeared on several national soundtracks. Her music has been featured on over 50 TV shows and films — you might have heard her voice and not even known it! This year, she’s releasing her first kids cd — “My Beachtown” — in tandem with a new animated series called “Crab Cove.”
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater
Gates open at 5:30 p.m.. Show starts at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets $85, $75 and $65 in Reserved; $40 for Lawn
Click to buy individual tickets now.
Spread your tickets across the season, or use them for one show!
Reserved Ticket Punch Cards for Special Privileges: $900 price includes 8 Reserved section tickets, 4 Reception passes and 2 Reserved Parking Passes. (Note: Lyle Lovett, Jewel, Natalie Maines & One Republic tickets require $20 upcharge per ticket.)
Lawn Ticket Punch Cards for Savings: $300 price includes 10 general admission lawn tickets. Save $5 per ticket. (Note: Lyle Lovett , Jewel, Natalie Maines & One Republic tickets require $5 upcharge per ticket.)
• Children under 3 are free on the lawn.
• Children 16 and under pay half price.
• Seniors 62 and over receive a 20% discount.
• PCPAF Members save $3 each off the purchase price of all tickets. (Memberships start at $25).
• PCPAF $100+ Memberships include early entrance ahead of the general admission gate to each performance.
• Groups of 20 or more, save 20%.
• Discounts only available with PCPAF phone or box office sales; not online sales.
• The Reserved section is assigned low lawn chairs in Rows K through V.
• The Lawn is general admission located beside and behind reserved seating; patrons provide their own seating on blankets or low chairs.
• For seating in the first 10 rows of any show (Rows A thru J), curbside VIP parking passes, and reserved parking passes, plus admission to the official catered, hosted-bar artist reception directly following each performance: Become a Sponsor, starting at $1,800. Call Teri at 435-655-8252.
Reserved and Lawn Tickets on sale at:
• Phone sales at 435-655-3114 or online at ecclescenter.org
• Box office at Eccles Center, 1250 Kearns Blvd., Park City: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Beginning June 1, we will be at our summer box office in Old Town Park City at Mega-Genius Supply Store & IQ HQ on Swede Alley: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Day-of-Show Box Office at Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater starting at noon.
• Deer Valley® Signatures or Etc. stores. 435-649-1000 (lawn tickets only).
• King’s English Bookstore, Salt Lake City. 801-484-9100 (lawn tickets only).
Copyright © 2010-13 PCPAF | Entertain. Educate. Illuminate