The summer season kicks off with a little Latin-inflected, rock n’ roll on Independence Day as three sizzling acts take to the stage: Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys and Alejandro Escovedo.
Los Lobos – comprised of four East L.A. friends plus a saxophonist/keyboardist who came on board in the early ’80s – is still that authentic, smokin’ hot wolf pack of its early days. While pushing musical boundaries and resisting the siren call of commercial whims, the band has earned a fistful of Grammys and a chart-topping hit (a 1987 remake of Ritchie Valens’ “La Bamba”). Unplugged or not, the quintet dips into a vast ocean of genres – folkloric, blues, rock, jazz, R&B, country and Latin sounds – and always delivers an electrifying show.
Bringing a bit of their signature “Heaven” to the stage, the trio of brothers known as Los Lonely Boys has created its own remarkable brand of music: “Texican rock n’ roll,” which includes a solid dose of blues, rock, country and Tejano. The band’s rich sound and Santana-esque guitar skills are punctuated by irresistible rhythms and Grammy-winning tunes.
A Texas rocker with punk – yes, punk – roots, Alejandro Escovedo brazenly and poetically sings his way into each and every corazón in the audience. He is an acclaimed singer-songwriter, who has shared the stage with Springsteen among others while always forging his own path. In the words of Paste Magazine, “Escovedo has always been a fringe rock icon – never mainstream, but always the secret handshake those who know from those who think they do.”
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater
Gates open at 5:00 p.m. Show starts at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets $65, $55 and $45 in Reserved; $35 for Lawn
Click to buy individual tickets now.
Spread your tickets across the season, or use them for one show!
Reserved Ticket Punch Cards for Special Privileges: $900 price includes 8 Reserved section tickets, 4 Reception passes and 2 Reserved Parking Passes. (Note: Lyle Lovett, Jewel & One Republic tickets require $20 upcharge per ticket.)
Lawn Ticket Punch Cards for Savings: $300 price includes 10 general admission lawn tickets. Save $5 per ticket. (Note: Lyle Lovett , Jewel & One Republic tickets require $5 upcharge per ticket.)
• Children under 3 are free on the lawn.
• Children 16 and under pay half price.
• Seniors 62 and over receive a 20% discount.
• PCPAF Members save $3 each off the purchase price of all tickets, not valid with any other offer. (Memberships start at $25).
• PCPAF $100+ Memberships include early entrance ahead of the general admission gate to each performance.
• Groups of 20 or more, save 20%.
• Discounts only available with PCPAF phone or box office sales; not online sales.
• The Reserved section is assigned low lawn chairs in Rows K through V.
• The Lawn is general admission located beside and behind reserved seating; patrons provide their own seating on blankets or low chairs.
• For seating in the first 10 rows of any show (Rows A thru J), curbside VIP parking passes, and reserved parking passes, plus admission to the official catered, hosted-bar artist reception directly following each performance: Become a Sponsor, starting at $1,800. Call Teri at 435-655-8252.
Reserved and Lawn Tickets on sale at:
• Phone sales at 435-655-3114 or online at ecclescenter.org
• Box office at Eccles Center, 1250 Kearns Blvd., Park City: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Beginning June 1, we will be at our summer box office in Old Town Park City at Mega-Genius Supply Store & IQ HQ on Swede Alley: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Day-of-Show Box Office at Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater starting at noon.
• Deer Valley® Signatures or Etc. stores. 435-649-1000 (lawn tickets only).
• King’s English Bookstore, Salt Lake City. 801-484-9100 (lawn tickets only).
Copyright © 2010-13 PCPAF | Entertain. Educate. Illuminate