The August 4 concert grew out of two profound, musical films that rocked Sundance Film Festival this past January. The faces and voices from “Twenty Feet from Stardom” and “Muscle Shoals” lend their rich, melodic stories to a groundbreaking, live concert. Named for the little Alabama town that drew some of rock and R&B’s biggest names (Aretha Franklin, Dylan, the Stones) to its recording studio and produced decades of hit tunes, such as “Wild Horses” and “Mustang Sally,” Muscle Shoals Live brings the “Singing River” to the mountains. The concert includes artists, such as Harvey Thompson of the Muscle Shoals Horns, Angela Primm of Still Waters, jazz musician and vocalist Thomas Cain and some surprise stars.
And the “thunderbolt voice” (New York Times) of Darlene Love, the “Twenty Feet From Stardom,” well, star, shines in the spotlight. Though she was the quintessential backup singer, who recorded and performed alongside Elvis, The Beach Boys, Sonny & Cher… Love has carved out a well-earned solo career. This gospel-rooted, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee is rock n’ roll wrapped in a glorious, lord-have-mercy, booming voice.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater
Gates open at 5:30 p.m.. Show starts at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets $65, $55 and $45 in Reserved; $35 for Lawn
Click to buy individual tickets now.
Spread your tickets across the season, or use them for one show!
Reserved Ticket Punch Cards for Special Privileges: $900 price includes 8 Reserved section tickets, 4 Reception passes and 2 Reserved Parking Passes. (Note: Lyle Lovett, Jewel, Natalie Maines & One Republic tickets require $20 upcharge per ticket.)
Lawn Ticket Punch Cards for Savings: $300 price includes 10 general admission lawn tickets. Save $5 per ticket. (Note: Lyle Lovett , Jewel, Natalie Maines & One Republic tickets require $5 upcharge per ticket.)
• Children under 3 are free on the lawn.
• Children 16 and under pay half price.
• Seniors 62 and over receive a 20% discount.
• PCPAF Members save $3 each off the purchase price of all tickets. (Memberships start at $25).
• PCPAF $100+ Memberships include early entrance ahead of the general admission gate to each performance.
• Groups of 20 or more, save 20%.
• Discounts only available with PCPAF phone or box office sales; not online sales.
• The Reserved section is assigned low lawn chairs in Rows K through V.
• The Lawn is general admission located beside and behind reserved seating; patrons provide their own seating on blankets or low chairs.
• For seating in the first 10 rows of any show (Rows A thru J), curbside VIP parking passes, and reserved parking passes, plus admission to the official catered, hosted-bar artist reception directly following each performance: Become a Sponsor, starting at $1,800. Call Teri at 435-655-8252.
Reserved and Lawn Tickets on sale at:
• Box office at Eccles Center, 1250 Kearns Blvd., Park City: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Beginning June 1, we will be at our summer box office in Old Town Park City at Mega-Genius Supply Store & IQ HQ on Swede Alley: Mon-Fri 10-5
• Day-of-Show Box Office at Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Amphitheater starting at noon.
• Phone sales at 435-655-3114 or online at ecclescenter.org
• Deer Valley® Signatures or Etc. stores. 435-649-1000 (lawn tickets only).
• King’s English Bookstore, Salt Lake City. 801-484-9100 (lawn tickets only).
Copyright © 2010-13 PCPAF | Entertain. Educate. Illuminate